5.02.2009

Custom jewelry - the perfect gift





I have never been one to spend a lot of money on jewelry. I think I get excited about the clothes, find a pair of shoes in my closet that match "good enough" and then completely lose steam before worrying about jewelry. In fact, changing purses so I don't clash is rarely something I even fool with... That said, I have recently come to appreciate the way that the right jewelry can take your look up a notch.

I just finished a pendant/earring set for a friend to wear to yesterday's Kentucky Oaks. For the Oaks set, she was wearing black and white - very common colors and needed to incorporate pink into her outfit. The jewelry gave her the chance to get the pink in as well as avoid looking like every other B&W wearing "lilly" at Churchill Downs.

The green pendant/earring/bracelet set was created for another friend to wear to a wedding. It needed to match the blouse fabric seen at the top of the photo. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=3060819&id=587335662The pendant actually incorporates a subtle animal print used in the blouse. This jewelry is sure to be a conversation starter at the wedding.

In both cases, the outfits were ready to go, they just needed the perfect jewelry to make the day feel special. The opportunities for gifting custom jewelry are endless - Mother's Day, bridesmaid gifts, any special occasion.