4.27.2009

Adding texture to your invitations





































For these bridal tea invitations, I needed to incorporate a fabric the bride had chosen. An acrylic stamp in my collection matched the floral pattern, so I just daubed it with ink in the appropriate colors and embossed her initials over the stamped plate. My next chore was adding the texture and dimension that only fabric can bring to a project. I "Cuttlebug" embossed a swiss dot pattern on a false cover that also hid the ribbon ends. Inside, the vellum info plate was backed with two different textured pieces of card stock - one bought, one "Cuddlebugged". For a twist on the traditional store-provided registry cards, I created bookmarks with the gift info printed on the back. All this layered texture and unexpected "extras" are something you'd never find in a store bought invitation, and it adds a flair of elegance befitting a classic garden tea party for a classic bride.